VIEW THE GUIDE FOR PARTNER GRANTS APPLICATION FORM
At any moment, you can view or download the user guide in the language of your choice. You can continue to complete your form in the main window while referring to the guide in an additional window.
Click on one of the following buttons to view the user guide in the language of your choice. The guide will be opened in a new window.
USAID Tunisia JOBS intends to award grants to assist partner businesses to recover and/or expand sales and operations and re-hire, sustain, or add employees. Partner grants will be awarded in the following four categories:
- Start-ups with less than one year of operation
- Companies in operation for more than one year, where the grant will benefit only the company applying for the grant
- Companies where the grant will benefit multiple firms in the supply chain
- Companies that produce essential goods and services to combat the ongoing pandemic
Grant funds will help to cover equipment and working capital needs, e.g. raw materials, rental of facilities, services/utilities required to run the business, etc. Grant funds may not be used for activities that may be harmful to the environment, or for the following items - salaries, construction or infrastructure activities, telecommunications and related IT equipment, purchases made prior to the grant, prior debts, or restricted or prohibited goods. A complete list of these items may be found here.
Partner grants will not exceed TND 125,000. Grants above this amount may be considered on a case-by-case basis, in particular for grants benefiting multiple companies in a supply chain or cluster. JOBS anticipates awarding up to 100 partner grants.
The maximum duration of a grant activity is four months.
Businesses that meet the following conditions may apply:
- Is a current JOBS partner (a company with a signed partnership agreement or with a an ongoing pre-feasibility assessment)
- Is a registered business with 100% Tunisian ownership and capital (less than 100% may be considered only on a case-by-case basis)
- Is in compliance with Tunisian civil, fiscal, and environmental regulations and is free from excessive debt (the debt to asset ratio is less than 75%)
- Has not received a grant from an international donor in the past six months
- The company’s management demonstrates commitment to a long-term growth vision and capacity to manage the grant
- The company is able to contribute at least 50% of the total activity (a lower contribution may be considered only on a case-by-case basis)
JOBS will select awards based on the following criteria:
Applicable to all categories:
- Potential to increase sales and/or recover, sustain, or add new jobs as a result of the grant
- Potential to obtain additional means of financing as a result of the grant
- Company's willingness to put forth a significant internal investment of capital in tandem with the JOBS grant (i.e. to fund new equipment or other growth activity)
- Location of business in underserved and interior regions of Tunisia (priority will be given to businesses in Medenine, Tataouine, Tozeur, Kébili, Mahdia, Kef, Gafsa, Zaghouan, Siliana, Beja, Sidi Bouzid, Jendouba, Kairouan, and Kasserine)
- Priority will be given to women-owned businesses, and businesses employing women and youth (ages 18-25)
Specific criteria applicable to start-ups with less than one year of operation:
- The company is providing a product that addresses the COVID-19 pandemic or an opportunity posed by a post-COVID environment
- The potential for success in terms of market demand and an achievable growth plan
Specific criteria applicable to companies with at least one year of operation, where the grant will benefit only the company applying for the grant:
- COVID-19 has negatively impacted the financial situation of the business through at least a 25% decrease in sales or loss of at least 25% of employees
Specific criteria applicable to companies where the grant can benefit multiple firms in the supply chain:
- The extent to which the grant will benefit multiple firms in the supply chain, i.e. number of companies benefitting and expected impact on the supply chain
Specific criteria applicable to companies that produce essential goods and services to combat the ongoing pandemic:
- The extent to which the grant will support Tunisia’s efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic
Please keep in mind the following information when submitting your application:
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed and selected on a rolling basis following the order in which they are received. This opportunity will be open until funds are no longer available or December 31, 2020, whichever is sooner.
- Questions may be submitted by September 30, 2020 by clicking the button at the top of this page. JOBS will post answers to questions received by the question deadline on this page by October 6, 2020.
- Interested businesses may only submit one application. An owner with multiple businesses may only submit one application. Only one business per business group may submit an application.
- The person who submits the application must be an authorized representative of the company
- Applications may be submitted in English, French, or Arabic
- Please note that while evaluating the application, JOBS may conduct a site visit to the business to verify information submitted in the application
- Following application review, applicants will be advised in writing if the application has been accepted for a grant or if a decision has been reached not to fund the application
There are a total of 13 sections within the application form. Please note that for each section, once you submit it, you will not be able to go back and modify information in this section. Each section that has been submitted will be saved until the application is complete. You may log out and return to the application as many times as needed to complete all the sections, while the application period is still open
Tunisia JOBS confirms that all applications and information submitted as part of this grant application will be kept confidential. Information submitted will be used only for purposes of determining awards. The information contained in an application will be protected by Tunisia JOBS from unauthorized disclosure.